Historical Lodging in Alaska..
Originally homesteaded by A. J. Swanson in the early 1900's, this land was purchased by the Federal Government to be included in Roosevelt's New Deal Colony Settlement.
At the age of 27, Johan A. Johnson drew the farm in the colony lottery in 1935. Like many other colonists the farm was used for hay and small crops.
In 1955, Bob and Merlie McCombs purchased the farm. Along with Joe and Myrtle Gislason they operated the dairy, housing approximately 100 head, for about 6 years.
In the late 60's the farm was converted and used as one of the Valley's prized Dairy Farms.
The dairy barn was converted in 1986 to it's current B&B Inn.